Thank you for being part of our community. To ensure the best possible experience for all members, we have established some basic guidelines for participation.
By joining and using this community, you agree that you have read and will follow these rules and guidelines. You also agree to reserve discussions and shared files and content to that best suited to the medium. This is a great medium with which to solicit the advice of your peers, benefit from their experience, and participate in an ongoing conversation.
Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these important guidelines. If you have questions, contact the Executive Council. In order to preserve a climate that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, we reserve the right to suspend/limit membership in this community for anyone who violates these rules.
– Don’t attack others. The discussions and comments are meant to stimulate conversation not to create contention. Let others have their say, just as you may.
– Don’t post commercial messages on any discussion list or other area where others might see it. Contact people directly with product and service information if you believe it would help them.
– Use caution when discussing products. Information posted on the lists are available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
– All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
Please note carefully all items listed in the disclaimer and legal rules below, particularly regarding the copyright ownership of information posted.
– Remember that other participants do not have the right to reproduce postings to this group unless you give them permission.
– Post only relevant messages. Do not spam the group with the same message.
– All messages must add to the body of knowledge. We reserve the right to reject any message for any reason.
Discussion Group Etiquette
– State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the opening line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives.
– To keep threads logically grouped, quote the original message in your reply.
– Only send a message to the entire list when it contains information that everyone can benefit from.
Send messages such as “thanks for the information” or “me, too” to individuals–not to the entire list. Do this by selecting the user’s icon on the message and choosing “Send Message”.
– Do not send administrative messages, such as remove me from the list. Instead, use the group info link to exit/leave the group.
– Do not broadcast greetings like “good morning”, “have a nice day”, “happy new month”, “happy birthday” to this group. You may reach your individual contacts directly to extend greetings to them when you feel like.
– Do not impose your personal persuasion on group members by sending religious/devotional messages to this group.
– When possible, warn other subscribers of lengthy messages at the beginning of the message body with a line that says “Long Message” or something similar.
ISOC Nigeria Chapter is committed to the highest degree of respect for the privacy of our members. We do not sell, rent, or share any personally identifiable information voluntarily supplied by visitors or our membership mailing list. Please note however that this is a public telegram group and message archives are visible on the world wide web.
The Legal Stuff
This group is provided as a service for the members of ISOC Nigeria Chapter. The Chapter Executive is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this group by others. We disclaim all warranties with regard to information posted on this group, whether posted by the Chapter Executive or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall the Chapter Executive be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential
damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this group.
– Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials.
– Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants the Chapter and users of this group the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.
The Chapter Executive does not actively monitor the group for inappropriate postings and does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to the attention of the Chapter Executive we will take all appropriate action.
The Chapter Executive reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these guidelines.
These guidelines are an adaptation of the Internet Society Connect Code of Conduct at https://connect.internetsociety.org/codeofconduct